First of all, printer drivers are the piece of software that works as the translator between the printer and the Operating system. These drivers are essential for the error-free printing experience. Expired or Corrupted Printer drivers often cause HP Printer Driver is Unavailable issues with HP users.
Majority of the HP printer users are encountered with printer drivers which is an unavailable error. Here, we are trying to find the reason for why my printer says drivers are unavailable. Also, from this we guide the users in solving the printer driver’s unavailable error.
Why does the HP printer show driver unavailable?
You might be facing this issue of HP printers randomly stopping in the middle of an essential job. Everything looks good from the system’s end but the printer seems to be not communicating at all. If you give a command to print and it is not working or responding, so far, in your favour. The main reason for HP printer drivers are unavailable are mentioned below:-
- Printer drivers are out of date.
- Also, these are missing
- Moreover, printer drivers are not recognized by the system.
- Incompatible Printer Drivers.
- An operating system is not updated.
How to Fix HP (Printer Driver is Unavailable error)?
It’s easy to fix HP printers drivers that are not available error. Users can follow the solutions given in this content to solve the HP printer drivers unavailable problem.
Method: 1 If the HP printer driver is unavailable, then reinstall your printer driver
In case your HP printer driver is unavailable then chances are your drivers are corrupt. The thing you need to do is uninstall the current one and reinstall the recent version, which you can get from the HP support site for free of cost. Here we have drafted several steps that will help you reinstall the drivers on your system if your HP printer shows the driver is unavailable. Below are the steps:-
- Firstly, press the Windows and R keys together to open the Run dialog box.
- Then, type devmgmt.msc and press enter to open the Device Manager on the system.
- After that, from the list of options choose Print Queue that has been mentioning the HP printer model.
- Find your HP printer model and right-click to Uninstall.
- Nextly, download the most recent version of the HP printer driver in your system and go to install it.
- In case you find it difficult to install the latest version of the drivers, click on the start button and type Update in the search box.
- In the following window, it will give a range of options regarding the update related to Windows or device drivers.
- Choose Check for updates from the list of options available.
- There you will see an update available for your HP printer’s driver. When you click on that, the windows will begin the update process as you will see all the on-screen instructions running by the screen.
- Once this process is finished, reboot your computer and try the printing task again.
These issues can rise on any HP model. For example, if your HP envy 4520 printer driver is unavailable, you need to follow the same steps as mentioned above. But, if you continue to experience the same issue, then you can try the next method.
Method:2 The driver is Unavailable for HP Printer on Windows 10?
The other resolution to the driver that is unavailable on the HP printer issue is Windows updates that we normally skip at times. This builds bugs, mainly in the printer driver, but makes it incompatible with your operating system. When you assign any print job, this troubles your printer with the driver being unavailable HP printer on Windows 10.
While you can manually update your system’s operating system by the following these steps:-
- Firstly, press the Window button on your keyboard. You will see the Start screen.
- Click on the browser icon. Write Update in the field box and press enter.
- Followingly, a new window pops up that contains a list of pending updates available on the system that you may have skipped.
- Then, click Check for Update and it will take you to the PC settings windows.
- In the Windows Update section, it shows pending updates, if any.
- After that, click on the update button to install the most recent update.
- When it gets complete, restart your system to resume the printing task.
End your search for the Latest Printer Drivers and resolve printing errors with driver support
Systematically going through the steps above will help you isolate the issues with your printer, and why it is unresponsive. Manually looking for Windows 10 updates and installing a new printer driver is an unavailable error.
On the other hand, you want to avoid wasting precious time scouring the internet for obscure drivers. You will also have to avoid damaging your computer or printer by downloading incompatible drivers. When Driver Support software is installed and fully registered, this will not only help you to fix the error but will also scan your computer for any other issues that may affect its performance.
The above-mentioned methods are quite effective to solve this common driver is unavailable on HP printer issues. On the other hand, in case you still continue to experience them, always feel free to contact our 24×7 customer support desk. You can also chat with our Errorsdoc technical team or you can easily drop an email addressing your issue in writing and one of our agents will get back to you in no time. Our agents will not only solve your concern but also enlighten you about the product-related issues for any future reference.
Moreover, we deal with other HP printer issues like HP TouchPad Not Working, and connecting HP Laptop To WiFi among others.