A lot of HP printer customers have reported experiencing HP printer offline problems. The user may get a message showing that the printer is offline in case the HP printer unit and the PC system are not able to set up a communication link. We’ll talk about the causes of the HP problem that has left my printer down in this article, as well as some quick fixes. Users of HP printers who are experiencing the same issue can therefore follow this blog to find a solution.
An issue with your device, computer, or printer may be the reason for this.
Sometimes the problem could be as simple as your connection not being connected correctly or a straightforward issue caused by a paper jam.
On the other hand, problems with your printer driver or software may also be the reason for a printer showing as an “Offline” error. The age of your printer or whether you’ve installed updates or not can affect this.
Almost every kind of printer, including Canon, Brother, HP, Epson, and a lot more. This can be used with this printer offline for online troubleshooting.
Why is my HP Printer Showing Offline? And How you can Fix it?
HP printer offline troubles can occur for a number of reasons. Finding the precise cause of my HP printer’s offline issue is difficult. For a speedy resolution of the HP printer issue, users can seek professional technical assistance. Users can also solve the issue by carrying out the below-listed checks.
- Restart the Printer
Restarting the printer and any related computers are advised. If the printer is used frequently, there may be an issue with the driver software or internal printer hardware. In this situation, the user can stop the printer unit, wait a while, and then restart it.
- Check the connection
The actual cable connection between the computer system and the HP printer unit should be examined by users. The USB cables are correctly placed at both ends into the USB ports. To create a connection between the computer system and the printer, try using a different USB cable. Check that both the network and the printer are linked in the case of a network printer.
- Manually set the printer online
For manually setting the printer online, customers need to follow the steps:-
- Initially, click on Start, then Control Panel, then Devices and Printers.
- After that, the printer symbol is visible to the user. Visit the “see what’s printing” option by right-clicking on the printer icon.
- The list of upcoming print tasks will be shown. Select the option “use printer online” from the drop-down menu when you click on the printer settings.
- Finally, test the HP printer to see if the offline error is present.
A printer driver is a crucial component needed for printing. For a printer to function properly, users must have the printer drivers loaded on their PC. It is not sufficient to simply install HP printer drivers; users should frequently update them to ensure error-free printing. By going to the HP website, users can update their printer drivers.
- Clear the pending jobs from the print queue
A faulty print queue entry may cause an offline error on an HP printer. Users can delete the corrupted entry or the entire pending print job to resolve the problem. By using these steps, the user can delete incomplete print jobs from the print queue.
- Firstly, your system should now launch the control panel.
- Then, visit the scanner and printer. It will display any connected printers and scanners for your system. Right-click on the name of your HP printer.
- Select the context menu item labeled “See What’s Printing” by clicking it.
- Afterward, the list of upcoming print tasks will be shown. Users have the option to clear the queue or locate and destroy the corrupted document.
- Lastly, check for errors on the printer.
- Turn off SNMP
To disable SNMP customers can perform the process given below:-
- First of all, Click on Start > Devices and Printer.
- After that, visit the properties by selecting your HP printer’s name from the context menu.
- Then, configure ports by going to ports.
- Nextly, the user has the option to uncheck the box next to “SNMP status enable” here.
- Lastly, select “OK” from the menu.
- Remove Printer Drivers and Packages
- Confirm that you are logged in as an administrator or are using Windows as one.
- After that, in the search bar, type CMD.
- Then, to open the Print Server Properties window, execute “printui /s /t2” into the order prompt although it is open.
- Nextly, uninstall the printer’s driver and installation package.
- Further, by selecting Add a Printer from the list of Devices and Printers, you can now add your printer once more.
- You should be able to resume printing now that your printer is showing as online.
- If not, there is probably an electronic problem with the printer, so a printer expert or the printer manufacturer should be contacted for additional information.
- Reinstall the drivers
- First of all, Visit “Settings,” then “Printers,” and then choose the printer to reinstall the drivers for.
- After that, as you right-click on the printer, go for the option “Properties”.
- Then, search the “Driver” button under “General” or “Details,” pick it, and then choose it again.
- Nextly, the driver might also need to be downloaded from the printer’s manufacturer’s website.
- After printer installation, Return to the “Settings” menu again and choose the printer under “Printers”.
- Followingly, reinstall the printer using the “Add a printer” process after removing it from the menu.
- Lastly, use the most recent printer driver available from the printer’s manufacturer.
In case, you wish to prevent the HP printer from going offline, you need to make sure that all printer drivers are installed and updated properly. The potential faults that could happen when using the printer are eliminated by regular and timely system updates and printer driver updates.
By using the troubleshooting steps described in this article, users can rapidly fix any printer problems they run into. One of the most crucial methods to fix the issue is to select WiFi printing. You can do this by pressing the Wifi button on the printer. After that, access “Network settings” from the system to view the printers that are currently available. As a consumer, you must select your printer from the ones that are available. You can now complete printing because it will show that your HP printer is connected to the internet after this step.