When you are printing a crucial document and all of a sudden your printer starts generating blank pages, it is incredibly annoying. There are numerous causes of printers generating blank pages. In this post, we’ll look at the typical causes of blank pages being printed by printers as well as solutions to the problem.
Why is My Printer Printing Blank Pages?
Users should verify that there is adequate ink in the ink cartridges after the printer outputs blank pages. The user must replace the ink cartridges whenever they run out of ink. Blank pages are printed by printers for a variety of purposes. Below are some of the typical explanations for Why is My Printer Printing Blank Pages.
- No ink in ink Cartridges
- Improper Cartridge Installation
- Clogged Nozzles
- Outdated printer driver issue
- Wrong Paper size
- Presence of Blank pages in the document you’re printing
- Cartridges dislodged from their proper place
Checklist when Printer is Printing Blank Pages
To fix the Printer printing blank pages, users must follow the basic instructions provided.
- Verify that the printer unit is positioned on a stable, flat surface. A printer can have printing problems with even a slight tilt.
- If the ink cartridges run out, replace them. Make sure you only use original ink or toner for your printer.
- While mounting fresh ink cartridges on your printer, remove the adhesive from each one.
- The ink from printers typically begins to solidify and clog nozzles. If essential, users should clean the print head.
- Confirm that the printing paper you are using complies with the printer’s needs.
- Verify the printing settings for the document’s page size, orientation, layout, and other factors.
What to do if my Printer is Printing Blank Pages
Users can use the step-by-step troubleshooting guide if the preliminary checks mentioned above are unsuccessful. Print blank pages from the printer.
- Power cycle Printer Device
Restarting the equipment is the first step in troubleshooting any technological devices, including printers. Users can restart devices by using the procedure below.
- Initially, use the power button to turn off Printer devices. Watch for the printer to turn off fully.
- Then, take the printer’s power cord out of the outlet. Also, cut any additional cables that are attached. Reconnect the power cable and the other cables after waiting for no less than three minutes.
- After that, turn on the printer unit after inserting the power cable.
- Lastly, get the test page printed.
- Select Skip Blank page:
Users must check the document they are trying to print to make sure there are no blank pages. The print preview feature can be used by users to determine whether the document contains any blank pages. The skip blank page option is also available in the printer driver software for users to choose:
- Firstly, users of Windows 10 can open the Settings app by going to Start.
- After that, to access printers and scanners, select Devices.
- Tap on the printer device, then choose Manage.
- Select Skip blank page after selecting Printing Preferences.
- Similarly, Mac users can access Printers and Scanners by going to Apple Menu > System Preferences.
- Users can click on a printer using the Options & Supplies button in the Printers and Scanners window.
- Lastly, set the Skip Blank Page option to On.
- Align Printer
Users who have recently replaced new ink cartridges must immediately align their printer unit using the instructions provided.
- Initially, click Start then select Devices and Printers.
- Click on your printer with the right mouse button, then choose Printer Preferences.
- Printer Services can be found under the Features tab.
- Users can find the Align the Printer Cartridges option under the Device Services tab of the toolbox.
- Tap the Align button after selecting the Align Printer Cartridges option.
- To calibrate the printer and align the ink cartridges, according to the on-screen directions.
In this way, users can align the Printer cartridges.
- Run Windows Printer Troubleshooter:
Windows has a built-in troubleshooter that detects and fixes the printer fault automatically. Customers can use the instructions below who are having problems with their printer printing blank pages to launch the Windows printer troubleshooter.
- Users of Windows 10 can access Start and open the Settings App.
- Select Troubleshoot > Additional Troubleshooters from Update and Security.
- Under Get Up and Running, select the Printer option by tapping on it.
- To begin with the process, tap on Run the Troubleshooter.
- After using the troubleshooter, print the test page.
- Update Printer Driver Software:
Incompatible printer drivers might cause blank page printing issues. In order to experience error-free printing, users should routinely update printer drivers. The steps to manually update printer drivers are listed below. Users must be online in order to update printer driver software.
- To access Device Manager, select Start.
- Expand the Print queues by tapping.
- Right-clicking on your printer will open a context menu where you can choose Update driver.
- Choose the “Automatically search for the drivers” option.
- To update drivers, adhere to the on-screen directions.
To resolve printer driver problems, users can also use third-party software like driver easy. It fixes a wide range of driver problems and regularly searches for new drivers.
- Restart Printer Spooler Services:
By following the instructions above, users can restart the Printer Spooler services.
- Firstly, pressing Windows + R will open the Run dialogue box.
- Then, in the text field, enter the command Services.msc.
- After that, find the printer spooler service in the Services pane.
- To stop the Printer Spooler service, double-click on it and choose the Stop option.
- To save the changes, press the Ok button.
- Open file explorer in the new window and go to C:WindowsSystem32spoolPRINTERS.
- Remove every file from the directory.
- Afterward, open the Printer Spooler Services window once more, and then click Start.
- Lastly, change the Printer Spooler Services’ startup type to automated.
We really hope that the aforementioned fixes help you fix the printer is printing blank pages issue. Please contact us if you have any other printer-related problems, such as HP Envy 4520 Prints Blank Pages or HP Office Jet 4650 Printing Blank Pages.
Users can get in touch with the customer care staff of the specific printer manufacturer’s company if the problem with the hp printer printing blank pages continues.